Chat Box

Friday, April 2, 2010

Road to the Cross


The picture above is our Good Friday altar. Its a bare altar. No decorations. No flowers. Just the cross. The old rugged cross-- old but beautiful, rugged but powerful.

The cross alone spoke for itself. It can stand majestically without any ornaments, designs and decors. Its like Jesus speaking to us through the cross--"You only need me--you will be beautiful because of me--you dont need anyone or anything other than me"

Awhile ago, we had our usual "7 Last Words" service and our Pastor gave us such inspiring words. The title of her message was "The Cross--Beautiful in my eyes". Everything about the cross is beautiful, even Jesus' last words while he was on the cross.

First word- "Father forgive them, they know not what they do" - A beautiful prayer of forgiveness

Second Word- " This day thou shalt be with me in paradise" - A beautiful promise to a repentant soul

Third Word- "Woman, behold thy son. Son, behold thy mother" - A beautiful promise of adoption

Fouth and Fifth Words- "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me" & "I thirst"-- A beautiful thought of casting our cares upon Jesus--beautiful words of honesty.

Sixth Word- "It is Finished"- A beautiful thought of finishing well

Seventh Word- "Into thine hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit" - A beautiful thought of committing our souls to God.

It only proves that everything in Jesus is beautiful--that even in his death and even if he is under pain--he speaks of life and hope.

I LOVE YOU LORD.
Thank you for the cross.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully indeed.. =) Cross itself depicts Jesus justification to us...

    Wonderfully explained and crafted,..words are perfectly matched..

    Be blessed always!

    ReplyDelete