Chat Box

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Road Not Taken

We are all part of a huge traffic.

All of us are travelers. Each has its own road to take. But most of us, including me, has chosen the "go-with-the-flow" road. We are in the road that leads to complacency, mediocrity or an average life. We are settled with the standards of this world. We must be like "this" to become like "that". Everything is bounded, limited and just plain dull. If most of us are traveling that road, we are just contributing to a huge traffic.

I love the verse from the Holy Bible, found in Jeremiah 1:5. It says "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Wow! We are set apart.

I believe that God created a special road for each of us. We have a road custom-made just for us. All we have to do is to step out of the traffic and start journeying the route our Creator designed for us. Easier said than done, but if we ask God's strength, we can surpass everything.

This blog is about the journey to my road. Dont worry, this will not just be about what happened to me in the journey, but also the realizations in the heart of it.

Lets explore and step out of our comfort zones. Lets take the scenic road instead of the short-cuts. Let God add color to our lives. More adventures and adrenaline rush for you, my reader!

Before I end this, I want to leave a short poem written by Robert Frost.

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
and sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
and looked down one as far as I could
to where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
and having perhaps the better claim
because it was grassy and wanted wear;
though as for that, the passing there
had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
in leaves no feet had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference

Thanks :)

I took the picture above last December 29,2009 at Calasiao, Pangasinan. Calasiao is the home of our favorite Puto. FYI

No comments:

Post a Comment