Chat Box

Monday, March 1, 2010

Its a Hard Road!

Central Terminal - San Fernando Pampanga

Roads will not always be smooth. Some destinations are despicable that they can change us drastically, some can change our character, and some can tap the courage that is hidden in the deep deep valves of our hearts.


While working at Bataan, I received a text that ruined my day. It’s a text from my North Luzon colleague accusing me of something that I know nothing about. I was shocked and I wanted to scream. Not in my life I was accused of something like that.


To clear my name, I investigated what really happened. I found out that Im innocent of the accusation. I was hurt, I was given a “bad name” for something I did not do and so its only rightful for me to defend myself. I told my accusers to be professional and not to link my name to any issues in the area. I have to admit that I did it on impulse that is why I articulated unpleasant words to them. Like a snowball, the conflict increased in size. I thought clearing my name is the end, but I was wrong.


I struggled for days and had sleepless nights. But one night, I prayed about the dilemma and a still small voice told me “BE HUMBLE”. God wanted me to ask for an apology. Is it fair? Is it right? They have hurt me and Im the one asking for forgiveness? I wrestled with God having PRIDE as my weapon. AS usual, God won. No matter how hard it is, I followed God. I sent my accusers a text message asking for an apology. Believe it or not, it worked. I felt peace. It’s a cease fire. Only one of my accusers accepted my apology, but it doesn’t matter. What I know is that I am out of this and I did the right thing. That night, I had the best sleep ever.


This is a learning experience for me. Its ok to be angry but in our anger we must not sin. I also found out the Humility plus Love is equal to Peace. We must not fight fire with fire. And of course…


In adversity we build our character.


Have a happy trip


Click Image to view album (Bataan-Zambales)

No comments:

Post a Comment