Chat Box

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Road to the Extraordinary

This is the view outside the church of Camachile. Cool ha?


Pastor Les told us to choose a partner--must be a stranger or a person you've never met before. So God led me to this elderly woman in her 40s. I guess her warmth attracted me to choose her as my partner.

Then, Pastor Les asked us not to talk to our partner or ask anything about them. We just have to sit beside our partners and pray for them in 5 minutes time. The twist: We have to ask God the struggles of our partner. The tip: Listen to God's voice.

"Awkward" i said to myself. "What if I cant pray the right prayer for this woman? What if God will not reveal something to me? This is too big for me. This is almost making a prophecy."

The timer started.

I closed my eyes..

"Lord, this is awkward. Reveal something to me. Please. What do you want me to see? What do you want me to pray for this woman? What are her struggles? Show something."

Nothing happened...

"Lord, please, time is running out."

Then suddenly, I remembered that Pastor Les told us to LISTEN..

I stopped talking... I cleared my mind from all thoughts. I just waited for God's voice.

Then surprisingly, I saw something. I saw a small faint light. Then slowly its growing. Its flickering. Its a candle.

"Lord, what is this? A candle? What is the relation of the candle in her current struggles?"

I listened. . .

Times Up. . .

Pastor Les told us to share our prayers and visions with our partners. I asked my partner "I saw a candle. I dont know what is the relation of the candle with your current struggle. Was it that God wanted you to spread a fire of revival in your community? Was it because you have the desire to be the light in your church and in your community?"

She answered "You know what, last week, I was reading a book entitled Salt and Light. Im a pastor and I wanted to win lives especially for our community. I want our church to be the light for the whole baryo. So your vision of the candle is true and correct"

THIS IS SOOO COOL. I cant believe what just happened. Then one by one, people started testifying about what happened. Most or all of us saw visions. To some, God gave them specific answers. Overall, it was marvelous and magnificent.

James 5:17-18 says "Elijah was a human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years! Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and earth began to yield its crops"

Like me, Im just a human like you. God gave us abilities, gifts and talents--- he even gave us the authority to trample on snakes and scorpions. We can do the extraordinary with the help of our God that defies the laws of nature! With God, nothing is impossible.

Have Faith!

***

The story above happened yesterday, March 13, 2010 at Camachile UMC, Floridablanca, Pampanga during a prayer encounter. Members of the church are Aetas (Native Filipinos) Here's some of the pictures taken during the said event.


Click Image to Open Album

No comments:

Post a Comment