Chat Box

Monday, March 29, 2010

A New Road to Explore


This is a picture of the prayer walk. Click the picture to view the album


Rubbershoes, shorts, 6 in the morning, a warm sun, brothers and sisters in Christ, delicious foods, scriptures and prayers-- add them together, you'll have a perfect Prayer Walk.

A prayer walk is an activity of the young adults which promotes physical, emotional and spiritual revival.

To me its more of a walk, its a start of a new road in my life. Yesterday, I received a great news-- a news that will probably change the course of my life.

Im currently employed at a big company, but upon reflection, i realized that the job is not for me. No matter how I try to be excellent, no matter how try to give my "best shot", its never enough. I guess Im destined for something more, something big or something different from my current job. There must be more than this.

February 26, I received a job offer from a certain government agency. Its the same agency where I had my on-the job training last April 20, 2009. Its a cool agency, different from the others. So, I've decided to try and apply for the job. I thought the process is easy, but its not. Its difficult that even divine intervention is required.

First I took the brain-draining examination. Its the longest one that I took to enter a job. It took us for almost 8 hours to complete the exam. Then I was given an interview schedule with a panel which includes the Provincial Director. Its a 4 versus 1 panel. I was given another interview date with another panel which includes the Assistant Regional Director, 7 provincial directors from the 7 provinces of Region 3, the Division Chief and 3 from the Human Resource Department. All in all,I faced 12 people that time. Finally, a final exercise with the Regional Director. Its an emotional challenge which boggled the mind of the applicants. More like Im inside the Big Brother's house.

Then Im hired :) Thats the good news I was talking about.

Back to the prayer walk...

While walking and appreciating the beauty of nature, it also reminded me of how good God is. It reminded me of the obstacles that I overcame and how the impossible became possible. I only asked Him to rescue me from my current job, but not only he rescued me, but he gave me another job. He even increased my salary.

My desire to escape my current job became a promotion to another job. It only proved that God is KING, and we are His kids. It only proved how powerful he is and how he favor those who love Him. It only proved that he can turn things around for your benefit. It only proved that he is a prayer answering God.

A new road to explore... and that road is for God's glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment